ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FOLLOWING FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES 2016-2017 SESSION
(A) INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION & EXTENSION SERVICES
- Diploma in Health Administration and Management (DHAM)
- Diploma in Nursing Administration and Management (DNAM)
- Diploma in Primary Health Care and Statistics (DPHCS)
- DIPLOMA IN HEALTH ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT (DHAM)
Admission Requirements for the One-Year Diploma in Health Administration and Management (DHAM) Programme.
Candidates seeking admission into this programme should possess any of the following qualifications:
- A University degree in Medicine, Nursing, Hospital Administration or any of the Medical Sciences.
- Professional Certificates in Nursing: Nigeria Registered Nurse (NRN), Registered Nurse (RN), or Midwife: State Registered Midwife (SRM), Registered Midwife (RM), in addition to at least, five (5) years qualification experience.
- A professional qualification in Hospital/Health Administration or Public Health.
- DIPLOMA IN NURSING ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT (DNAM)
Candidates seeking admission into this programme should possess any of the following qualifications.
- Registered Professional Certificates in Nursing: Nigeria Registered Nurse (NRN), Registered Nurse (RN), or Midwife: State Registered Midwife (SRM), Registered Midwife (RM) in addition to at least five (5) years post-qualification experience.
- University degree in Nursing.
- DIPLOMA IN PRIMARY HEALTH CARE AND STATISTICS (DPHCS)
Admission Requirements for the One-Year Diploma in Primary Health Care and Statistics (DPHCS) Programme.
Candidates seeking admission into this programme should possess the following qualifications:
At least four Ordinary level credits passes in WASC, WAEC, SSCE/GCE, NECO SSCE or at least four (4) merit passes in Teacher’s Grade II Certificate Examinations (TC.II) or any of their recognized equivalent by the Senate of the University at not more than two sittings. The subjects should include English Language and Mathematics and any of the following:
- Professional Certificates in Nursing/Hospital/Health Administration or Public Health.
- University degree in Medicine, Nursing, Hospital Administration or any of the Medical Sciences.
- Any other University degree or professional or other equivalent qualifications in addition to a minimum of one-year experience in Health Services administrative work.
(B) INSTITUTE OF CHILD HEALTH, COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES UNIBEN
CERTIFICATE COURSE IN EARLY CHILD HEALTH/ DEVELOPMENT
Candidates seeking admission into this programme should possess the following
- Teachers with National Certificate in Education (NCE), TC II on at least Merit level, owners of preparatory schools such as Proprietors/proprietress of Crèches/ Day Care, Kindergarten, Schools, Orphanages and others who possess other relevant qualifications from recognized institutions in Nigeria.
- Holders of Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife [RN/RM] Certificates, Dental Nursing; Registered Community Health Extension Workers (CHEW) Certificate, Community Health Officers (CHO), etc.
- Certificates from established Health Professional Institutions such as the Institute and Schools of Health Technology/ Institute of Health Information. Such Certificates include Diploma in Audiology, Plaster Technology, Anaesthetics Technology, Medical Imaging, Dispensing Optics, Biomedical Engineering, Environmental Health Technology, Emergency Medical Technology (Paramedics).
- Diploma in Social Work (DSW).
- Other relevant professional qualifications.
At least four (4) credits in WASC, WAEC SSCE/GCE, NECO SSCE or such other equivalents approved by the Senate of the University of Benin at not more than two (2) sittings. Credits in English Language and two Science subjects and a Pass in Mathematics.
At least two years teaching or working experience in a pre-primary institution/ arrangement may be an added advantage.
Duration of Course
The Certificate Course is expected to be run on Part-Time basis and for duration of 12 months (2 semesters).
(C) DIPLOMA PROGRAMME IN MARITIME STUDIES, INFORMATION AND
The University of Benin, Benin City, has a Centre for Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology (ICT). This Centre, runs a two-year Full-Time Diploma in Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology (ICT). The course has adequate professional and academic content, to produce manpower for the promotion of staff proficiency, capacity building and performance in the Sea Ports, Shipping, Oil and ICT sectors of the economy for middle and top management positions.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Full-Time Two-Year Diploma in Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Graduates from the Centre shall acquire both academic and practical knowledge to be employed directly into Sea Ports, Shipping, Oil, Custom Services, and other Agencies in maritime and ICT industries.
- The Diploma in Maritime Studies and ICT is recognized has a direct entry qualification in the University of Benin into 200 level for all Engineering programmes and degree programme in the Faculty of Science (Computer Science, Mathematics (Pure and Applied), Industrial Mathematics, Mathematics with Physics, Mathematics with Chemistry, Statistics with Computer Science, Physics, Geology and Industrial Physics), Faculty of Education (Department of Vocational and Technical Education) and Library Studies and similar institutions in the country.
- Programme would also serve as capacity building for the academic and professional enhancement of persons with innate maritime culture and tradition.
Lectures shall take place from Monday to Friday between the hours of 2.00 and 6.00pm.
Students must undertake and pass a three-month industrial training period between the first and second years of the programme.
- Credit in Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry and any other subject at GCE/WASE/SSCE/NABTEB/NECO
- City and Guilds (Part 1) in any area of Engineering
- A qualification equivalent to any of the above.