Health Management is a dynamic process with interfaces with changing times, and its environment. Hence, managerial responses to demands of health care organizations require continuous updating of practitioner’s knowledge and work behavior in line with evolving theories, practices and techniques. The overall goal is to make Health and Nurse administrators assume a better work role and hence assure improve productivity and better employee commitment, job satisfaction and overall work-life congruence. It is to this end, that the course on strategic health care management is designed to provide an enriching learning experience to update the skills and competence of health, Nurse and other health care practitioners to enable them cope with the onerous demands of managing the human, material, financial and physical resources for effective health care delivery in the post-2015 development era.
The integrated refresher course which is non-residential will consist of lectures, group discussions, experience exercise and guide educational visits.
Topics to be covered include:
- Conceptual issues in health/Nursing Administration in Nigeria & comparative perspectives
- Current principles and techniques of management
- Political and social environment of health care delivery
- Issues in health care financing and budgeting
- Health systems research methodologies
- Statistical methods in health care
- Fundamentals of health psychology
- Legal and ethical issues in health care
- Health human resources planning & development
- Economics of health care
- Theories and models of health services
- Management of health services
- Health policies, formulations & analysis
- Basics of health information management system
- Health programs planning & implementation
- Resource of health care delivery
- Computer application in health care delivery
Method of Application
Intending participant should call or send text to the course facilitators to indicate interest and secure a place in the program. Participant are required to complete all documentation and payments at the registration desk during the course.
Cost of the course
The tuition fee for the course is forty-five thousand naira(N45,000.00) which covers refreshment, training folders, and course materials, but exclusive of accommodation, meal and books.
Course evaluation & certification
There will be going evaluation of participant based on participation in class presentation and group discussion and projects. A certificate of attendance and course completion will be awarded at the end of the course.
For further enquiries, please contact the following persons:
intending participant can choose from any of the courses dates below.
Accommodation has been negotiated at special discounted rates with hotels within walking distance of the campus for course participants. If you require reservation, please contact the Institute Director OR Course facilitator
DATE: 26th February – 11th March 2017 (1st stream)
Arrival: 26th February, 2017
Departure: 11th march, 2017
3rd September – 17th September, 2017 (2nd stream)
Arrival: 03rd September, 2017
Departure: 17th September, 2017