The programme began with the master of ceremony of the programme Professor Eddy Eragbe welcomed the members of the University management team led by The Vice-Chancellor Prof. F.F.O.Orumwense, FNSE. Members of the management team present where the DVC ( ACAD ) Prof. ABIODUN FALODUN,the DVC (Ekenwan Campus) His Royal Highness (Prof.) SAMUEL E.O. ADUWA-OGIEGBAEN jp,The Busar, Dr. BABA BILA, FCNA and a representative of the registrar, MRS. O.A. OSHODIN.
The Public Affairs Officer The American Embassy , (Public Affair Officer) Dehab Ghebreab was also at the event. She introduced the other members of the American team.In attendance were professors, lecturers, students; both undergraduate and postgraduate as well as staff of the University of Benin.
Professor Eddy Eragbe introduced the schools present. Schools present at the event were:
- Eghosa college
- St Mary Dedication
- Igbinedion Education college
- Word of Faith Group of schools
- Federal Staff Secondary School
Mrs chinenye an adviser for EDUCATION USA gave a presentation on the applying for education to the U.S. She introduced the concept of Education USA. She also talked about why our high school students needs to study in the USA.In her presentation she give reasons why Students should come to the US to School. These are:
- World class Education
- Gives you over 600 majors you can choose from in terms of Education
- Gives you over 4500 + options of Universities to choose from.
- Gives you boundless opportunities
- Majority of the schools gives you scholarship and help to find your Education
She also gave advise on preparing the apply, these include:
- 12-18 months in Advance
- Full Semester- starts August
- Spring Semester – starts January