MEHID-AFRICA stands for Mainstreaming eHealth & Health Informatics for Development in Africa. It is a new program that provides for a wide range of interventions such as conferences and deployment of technology. Its goal is for Africa to develop equitably with the rest of the world through multi-sectoral deployment of eHealth and health informatics. MEHID-AFRICA series of annual conferences are tagged with their respective years. Thus, this maiden edition is tagged MEHID-AFRICA 2021.
Mon 15 to Sunday 21, Mar 2021
@ University of Benin: Akin Deko Auditorium &
@ University of Benin Teaching Hospital: eHealth & health informatics facilities
BENIN CITY, NIGERIA
Strengthening Health Services in Africa through eHealth and Health Informatics
- Deployment of eHealth and health informatics: progress and prospects
- Attaining universal health coverage through eHealth and health informatics
- Using eHealth and health informatics for healthcare and health management information system
- Building business models for eHealth and health informatics
- Developing and following through roadmaps for eHealth and health informatics
SPECIAL INVITATION TO
- Health care professionals
- Health sector administrators & policy makers
- Science & technology sector administrators & policy makers
- ICT scientists, technologists,manufacturers,marketers & other industry players
- Telecoms industry players
- ICT advocacy groups
Sponsorship appeal and adverts
We gratefully appeal for your kind and generous support, wherever you are, to make this needed conference successful.
For sponsorship, adverts and exhibition stands please email, SMS or call now.
+234 816 740 8133
+234 803 721 2596
SUMMARY OF EVENTS
Mon 15 Mar, 2021
Tue 16 – Sat 20 Mar, 2021
-Plenary sessions: guest lecture, symposia, etc.
-Parallel sessions: symposia and oral presentations of abstracts
-Field visit (UBTH): provider demonstration of telemedicine and health informatics
-Field visit (HMO/ UNIBEN): HMO demonstration of telemedicine
Sunday 21 Mar, 2021
- Continuous professional development points will be awarded.
- Certificates of participation will be issued.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
[Oral & poster presentations]
Abstracts for oral and poster presentations are invited. They may be on operations or other types of research; or descriptions of models, services, or procedures. Authors may adopt conventional or rationally adapted formats.
Abstracts must be clear on their benefits and significance with respect to eHealth and health informatics. Write-ups should be in line with the theme or at least one sub-theme. They must be concise (max. 250 words) and well written in good English. They should be mailed to [email protected]
Submission deadline is 22 Feb, 2021.
Accepted abstracts will be published as conference proceedings in a special edition of Journal of Hospital Practice and Administration.
Prof Omokhoa Adeleye
Chairman, Organising Committee
+234 803 721 2596
Call, SMS, WhatsApp
Conference email: [email protected]
Prof Lilian Salami
University of Benin, Benin City.
Prof Darlington Obaseki
Chief Medical Director
University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City.