The University of Benin held her 46th and 47th Convocation and 51st Founder’s Day Ceremonies starting 22nd of November 2021.
INSTALLATION OF HIS ROYAL MAJESTY ORCIVIRIGH PROF. JAMES ORTESE I ORZUA AYATSE, TOR TIV as chancellor university of Benin.
*Guests arrival… WELCOME GUESTS AS FOLLOWS:
- Former Vice Chancellor
- Former DVC Admin Benue State University
- Wife of Chancellor Queen Felicia Ortese I Orzua Ayatse
- ENTRY OF THE PROCESSIONS with Standing ovation
- Arrival of the Chancellor
- National Anthem
- Uniben Anthem
Invitation of the Registrar to proceed with the installation of the chancellor. He called upon the Vice Chancellor to present the Visitors. She presents the Visitor to the University of Benin, Muhamadu Buhari represented.
Vice chancellor declares the event opened with the mention of all dignitries. She declares the Convocation open for the purpose of installing the vice chancellor. The Vice Chancellor then delivers her welcome address..
- She began with the calling of all dignitaries and welcoming all. She recounted a brief history of University of Benin.
- The visitor was called to formally install the Chancellor.
- Prof Mike Omoigberale the University Orator was called to present the conferment of honorary doctorate degrees – He was born 12th of May 1956 in Benue State. From 1964-93, he was committed to his education both locally and internationally. He has been recognized for his brilliance. His education was supported by scholarships. He is described as a good team player, all attributes were deployed in all sections at various times. His royal majesty inherited over 500 million debts and cleared them and left over 300million credits in the university he served. He is a proud member of associations within and outside the country. His diverse experiences in the country and outside is well known and cherished. He is known for being fair, just, unbiased and loving in dealing with his people. He has served with no less dedication.
- The visitor was called to formally install the Chancellor. The New Chancellor then pledged to uphold and preserve safely the laws and privileges of the University of Benin, completely , faithfully and to perform all the functions of the chancellor.
- The Chancellor promised to perform all my duties faithfully
- The Vice Chancellor then graciously formally installed the majesty as the 10th substantive Chancellor of the University of Benin and wished him success in his endeavors.
- The Vice chancellor of the university of benin conferred on the Majesty the Honorary Doctorate Degrees (Honoris Causa)
- In the chancellor’s address he mentioned all dignitaries and delegates, alumni and students and invitees, welcomes all far and near to witness his installation, grateful for everyone who has felicitated with him after the announcement. He promised to make the university a citadel of excellence. He would challenge the University Senate to develop a character assessment, and a reward for the best behaved student. He said to do his best to move the university forward. As a traditional ruler responsibility is to promote peace, fairness would be adhered and encourage all to adopt peace. He thanked all once again, and wished all well.
- The Vice Chancellor was called upon to pledge the support of the university,
- Madam vice chancellor then pledged to the Chancellor (His majesty) the loyalty and support of the university and respectfully invite His Royal Majesty, the Chancellor of the University of Benin to preside over the Convocation Programme.
- All recognitions were made
- The chancellor- HIS MAJESTY
- His wife- Queen Felicia
- His two lovely daughters –
- The chairman of the governing council – Dr sunny kuku
- The vc- prof Lillian salami
Members of the governing council-
- The acting Vice Chancellor Ambrose Ali University, Professor Benson Osakpolor
- Prof Adesuwa Osahon
- Prof John Oghene
- The Registrar- Mr. Ademola Bobola
- Dr Victor Imade
- Dr Luke Obasonyi
There were presentations from Traditional Groups from Benue State and Benin City